Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: I have gotten into computer audio just a bit

Hi,

This amp, and ALL of its progeny, drives from the original 1929 Loftin - White two stage direct coupled amplifier. You can search on line and find other examples, the original Isamu Asano amp, and Nobu Shishido's amp, from Japan. In Joe Roberts' Sound Practices magazine, Spring 1994, we have the superbly-detailed article my Ciro Marzio, and Christiano Jelasi, on this amp type. We had Craig Uthus doing the Moth Amps, and Don Garber doing this topology with some of the Fi Amps.

The very best by-far implementation is the Dennis Fraker Serious Stereo DC amp. No tube amp, SET, in audio can hold a candle to Dennis' on any direct A-B comparison.

Please NOTE : It took me the past nine years of attending RMAF shows, to fully evaluate and appreciate what it is. Each year, the setup is different, and results in-the-room are different. But after nine years of attending, I think I have a better handle on the build, than anyone other than Dennis himself.

Herb Reichert heard it, and got it, right away at this past 2016's RMAF. I was in the room, just the three of us guys, when Herb listened very attentively. Dennis' very latest amp build, and its' performance is fully the equivalent of the newest Ford GT, or a new Ferrari, or a new Maserati.

" The truth will set you free. "

Jeff Medwin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I have gotten into computer audio just a bit - drlowmu 11:44:26 02/07/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.