I have no interest in this, but it is just too painful what I see happening here. I can't warn the whole world, but at least I can warn Audioasylum readers here.
In the year 2000 and 2001, AVVT had complete series of mesh tubes with bad cathode problems. They were initially good, and stayed good for a few hundred hours. After that, emission begins to reduce, due to cathode problems. So no gas problems. First slowly, and then faster. In 2001 I identified those tubes from my stock, and we gave the back for destruction. I have filed all series numbers and all data along with it, and I still have those files.
It appears now, Alesa did not destroy them, as in 2016 first pairs were sold via Ebay, also Ebay small adds, and this doesn't seem to stop. Prices are really crazy, like 2000$ for a pair. You wouldn't want to be that buyer.
I decided to make those bad series numbers public, and they are filed at the AVVT website, same as we used at that time. This website is now only an archive, I still own the site since 16 years. I never changed a word to keep it a real arhive, but I thought it was only fair to add those bad series numbers there. (See the link below here)
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Warning for year 2001 rejected AVVT tubes on Ebay! - EML 14:35:21 01/20/17 (10)
- RE: Warning for year 2001 rejected AVVT tubes on Ebay! - Ed Sawyer 10:44:55 02/17/17 (0)
- Email response from seller - Tre' 18:00:08 01/22/17 (0)
- RE: Warning for year 2001 rejected AVVT tubes on Ebay! - Frihed89 15:53:14 01/21/17 (0)
- Thanks - Jay Buridan 10:44:03 01/21/17 (3)
- Maybe the seller was scammed? - jusbe 13:13:31 01/24/17 (2)
- RE: Warning for year 2001 rejected AVVT tubes on Ebay! - GEO 08:04:55 01/21/17 (0)
- Thanks. Dodged a bullet! it - jusbe 07:42:40 01/21/17 (0)
- RE: Warning for year 2001 rejected AVVT tubes on Ebay! - johnsonad 19:58:31 01/20/17 (0)