Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Awesome setup

Thanks for your kind words, it is a passion for me and I was lucky enough to be in a position at the right time, when the equipment became available at the right price. The SETs and Phono/Line stage are entirely my own design and build, and I did extensive work to the crossovers in the MLs.

I do think the Hex shaped room and cathedral ceilings help a lot with room modes, as does the length of my room which, believe it or not is 80ft! Against that is the bass suck out I get from all the floor to ceiling glass behind the curtains. Mind you bass is not a problem with a total of 16 x 12" Subs and 16 x 7" drivers in the mid bass arrays alongside the ESL panels:)

But, please don't think I believe you need this sort of gear to achieve great sound. I've helped my friends and brother to achieve truly fantastic results with comparatively modest setups and have heard great sound from the systems of other audio friends I've met along the way.

For me, SET plays a major part in achieving the best result and I have tried more than most when it comes to amplification.

Naz

Edits: 10/19/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.