Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: What tubes to use with this Interstage Transformers?

Dave,

From your theory to work, you will need to the DCR, and either the inductance and the capacitance at that frequency. You also need to consider which is predominant factor (i.e. primarily resistive, or capacitive or inductive). You will also need to consider the phase angle based on the predominant factor. And then, you will need to figure out the amount of reflection to the source. And once you know that, that's the result for the one fixed setting (such as 2Vp-p, 20Hz). Once you change a little value, you are required to recalculate once over again.

Again, the source is the TRUE origin of the current / voltage.

I know what you have been saying all along on this topics. I wish you are right and things are that easy too. But it's not and I learned that very long ago. In fact, all of us (my classmates and I) got it wrong at the very beginning and puts a big smile on the Instructor face. Some good memory there.

Regards,
James

.Thou shall not stand where I type for I carry a bottle of Certified Audiophile Air and a Pure Silver Whip.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.