Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Screen shots

I don't know the inductance at 20Hz on the primary. I also don't know the capacitance at 20Hz on the primary. I also don't know any inductance of the secondary at 20Hz. I also don't know the capacitance of the secondary at 20Hz. Repeat that all the way from for DC to Daylight (whatever it is) Hz.

I also don't know the size of the magnetic wire, the turn count of the wire on primary and secondary side, the magnetic core materials (Amophous, Permalloy, HyperMalloy, M9, M6; whatever) used, what core type (EI or C or Toroid) it use; etc.

I know it is 10K Zp transformer with step up ratio of 1:4. I also know the DCR of the primary and secondary but I am not going to tell you yet (not yet now).

Why? Because no transformer manufacturer tells you any inductance value or capacitance value or DCR values.

They only tells you the wattage it can handle, the impedance of the primary and the secondary, the insertion loss (if you are lucky), and the FR and Impedance curve (if you are really lucky).

Almost all of them also failed to mention that maximum voltage it can be operated for and the bandwidth.

So, I can't tell you all of them. But these 4 pics I posted have more than enough information to synthesize what's going on there.

You don't need to churn out numbers for me. Tell me what's going on at the probe point at the input of the transformer from these pics.

Again, it is a 10K primary transformer, open load on the secondary.

Yes, I recall you can set the values. But it doesn't mean it's almost accurately taken into account.

Anyway, I did tell you to try at different voltage levels and observe the waveform like in my screen shot.

.Thou shall not stand where I type for I carry a bottle of Certified Audiophile Air and a Pure Silver Whip.

Edits: 09/05/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Screen shots - megasat16 21:14:09 09/05/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.