Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: What tubes to use with this Interstage Transformers?

You can't sim or model a wrongly assumed SPICE circuit based on the wrong theory and expect to see a correct real world result.

I expect you TRY it with a FG, a scope, real transformers (real stuff)!
The Second pic with the probe before the 5K resistor on the input.

The First pic (top) with the probe after the 5K resistor on the input (or the actual input pins).

Top sine (with yellow color) is the actual output from the FG. The bottom sine (with the blue color) is the measured with the probe.

The probe measurement at the 2nd pic (bottom) is before the series 5K resistor. There is a little small voltage drop due to the internal resistance of the hookup wire.

The probe measurement at the 1st pic is after the 5K resistor which shows the sine wave is severely attenuated to the load from the transformer.

More current flowing through the source circuit thus causing a lot of voltage drop across the 5K resistor. And the small voltage with the limited current supply to the transformer creates a severly distorted waveform.

Here is the FFT (real) curve of the 20Hz Sine! Does it look similar to your FFT? I am not familiar with your FFT plot! I need to study what it is showing.

I will pull the Tango X-10S from the box and measure the Primary and Secondary for you a little later.
.Thou shall not stand where I type for I carry a bottle of Certified Audiophile Air and a Pure Silver Whip.

Edits: 08/30/16 08/30/16 08/30/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.