Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

If your still looking in...

I've posted here before as well, curious as to other products and variations. I've heard art audio years ago and was impressed, I think your choices are all good values and we'll made products.

I purchased a dared VP 845 as my first tube amplifier having plinius sa series class a ss power in my HT and must say I have had no issues with my vp845 providing plenty of lush power to a pristine pair of verity Leonore in a separate setting. This amp although made in China is close to 80 pounds and alot ot of that weight is on the backside in those transformers which posters informed me were an indication of quality.

I've had it now just shy of a year with no complaints very airy 3d soundstage with terrific tone and vocals, Joe in Naperville Illinois was terrific and steered me away from far costlier brands with a 30 day return policy. He upgraded 4 caps to the latest xo aurios caps and for free of charge bypassed the internal Alps pre-amp on the 4th input so I'd have the option of using an external pre-amp and running the dared as a power amp only, advantage being now I have a remote from one of many two channel preamps I have, Conrad Johnson met1 with remote, plinius m8 with remote or even a passive/active adcom gfp 750. Nice choices.

The brand new price was a huge 2175 shipped. Very happy owner for my first tube amplifier.

Best of luck in your journey.
Regards,
/// Tim W. ///

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • If your still looking in... - timothywas1@comcast.net 10:32:49 06/30/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.