Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: NAT Se2Se tube opinions

Well, I also owned a NAT for some time. I had the NAT Symbiosis SE, which was a monstrously huge SE hybrid. A very rare design with a tube input, tube driver and a SINGLE MOSFET on the output stage. There was another MOSFET as voltage regulator for each output transistor. The only problem with it was that it didn't quite sound as good as their all tube designs...there was still something a bit, transistor like, with the sound. Hard to define but it reduced the palpability of images and so sounded a bit less "real" than a good SET.

As for the all tube NATs, unfortunately, they have a bit of a bad reputation in Europe for reliability. My Symbiosis was no problem but there were others I knew with NATs that needed servicing. Just something to keep in mind. I have also heard the "cheap" integrated, the NAT Single, and it also sounds quite good...a bit warmer sounding than the SE monoblocks but it is a proper beast of an amp in true NAT style.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: NAT Se2Se tube opinions - morricab 14:05:51 01/08/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.