SET Asylum

RE: Right. Now explain that to your buddy Dennis!(nt)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ SET Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

I know where you are coming from! I also take issue with personal preferences and experiences being promoted an absolute; qualitative as quantitative... as subjective Truths.

That is not to say for a moment that I think the subjective and qualitative is unimportant - it is very important to audio if you do it for others' (and your own) enjoyment.

Misrepresented "facts", intentional or not, are open for discussion and debate. I have called out Jeff and Dennis on occasion and may again. If I do, I hope I won't make it personal, a pissing contest, or gloat if I score a win (not saying you are, BTW). The moment I do this I am part of the problem: distracting the discussion and confusing the issue, adopting logical fallacies, being generally unconstructive and affecting people in a hurtful way... at that point it becomes more about my personal neediness, not the technical. S#!t, sorry to digress.

In closing, I think Jeff and Dennis are two guys I'd really quite like. Yeah, they say things occasionally that I quetion, but hell, I question my own foolishness minute-to-minute. We are all imperfect - I try to remember that and keep my self-righteousness in check.

Cheers,
Raymond

“As long as we have any intention to be right… we should be wary. So long as words have the slightest ego attachment, they are dishonest.” Charlotte Joko Beck

Edits: 07/23/12

Follow Ups: