Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Best SET amp for 110 db Horns multiamp

Despite the way you're behaving, I have no bad feelings against you.

I would, however, endeavor to clear-up some misconceptions that you have just stated:

(1) "That amp circuit". My use of circuitry is designed to fulfill a need-- to allow an amplifier to effortlessly follow and track music. I use whatever technology that I see fit, or can invent in order to get it done. Circuits are a dime a dozen. Splendid results are the result of clear thinking and construction know-how.

(2) "It probably sounds good in the right environment with the right music". It does. So do a lot of other systems. What's different here is the design requirement is, and has always been, to reproduce ALL kinds of music right. That has been accomplished in spades.

"In the right environment"? That's true of all music systems. Fortunately, I try to design for wide dispersion and excellent Room Control. That lessens the problems as much as one can without room treatment-- which is, admittedly-- a very important factor unless you're using headphones.

(3) The facts are being more and more recognized every day. And they're NOT what you're promoting.

(4) I don't promote "junk science". I state what has been found to work better than anything else. If you don't like it, that's your right to your own OPINION. Your OPINION is NOT "Science".

(5) The novice readers of this forum have NEVER been given an excellent discussion of what really works in audio UNTIL LATELY. And I think the smartest of them are catching on-- and are liking it. Go sulk somewhere else.

(6) "Technical Horse Crap" is EXACTLY how amplifiers have been built UNTIL NOW. You don't like change. OK-- so what's so new and scientific about that?

(7) "mother board secrets that Intel doesn't know about"? I'll bet their best engineers DO know! Now, you tell me-- WHY is the stuff we're getting JUNK?
Hey! You and I both know that printed circuit boards-- in anything-- are the greatest impediment to good circuit performance ever invented, and so do all good engineers. They are used for production convenience.. Engineers do the best they can with these messes.

(8) "An accomplished electronics design career"? WAKE UP! Careers don't design good things! Career? Is that like today's bankers, today's politicians, today's doctors, theologians and dentists?

They have all become the lowest scum on this Planet!

Well! Aren't those career people just wonderful! What's next? Custom Diseases for everybody?

GOOD PEOPLE design good things-- WHEN THEY WANT and need SOMETHING SUPERIOR!

---Dennis---

Edits: 08/02/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.