Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Sound Practices Information.....

"What happens here is that the rolled-off Italian design reproduces FAR more highs than the amp that has much more H.F. extension-- but only on paper."

BS

"TAKE it or LEAVE IT."

I'll leave it and argue that it is a flawed design.

"Oh, but that can't work! It's that horrible Miller stuff! Yeah, sure. But it DOES work.

Have you ever asked WHY?"

It doesn't work so I have no reason to ask why it works.

You still haven't answered my question.

What do you mean when you say, referring to the schematic I posted, "the proper connections into circuits are in the wrong places"?

The plate of the 7b4 is connected to the last cap in the PS filter with a plate resistor. Just like in your amplifier.

The cathode of the 7b4 is connected to ground through a bypassed cathode resistor. Just like in your amp.

The grid of the 7b4 is connected to ground through a grid resistor. Just like in your amplifier.

The plate of the driver is directly connected to the grid of the output tube. Just like in your amp.

The plate of the output tube is connected directly to the output transformer. Just like in your amp.

The output transformer is feed from the second C of the PS filter. Just like in your amplifier.

The cathode of output tube is connected to ground through a bypassed cathode resistor using the CT of the filament transformer. Just like in your amplifier.

So tell us Dennis, what connections are in the wrong places?

You say some awful silly stuff some times.

Tre'

Have Fun and Enjoy the Music
"Still Working the Problem"

Edits: 06/28/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Sound Practices Information..... - Tre' 15:02:16 06/28/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.