Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Manufacturing can ruin your DIY hobby

Fortunately, as a free talking DIY'er, I can enjoy sharing information fully, the original intent of bulletin boards (newsgroups) in intranets and LAN (old definition = Local Area Network line, not today's Land line term).

When you broadcast on the Internet, you cannot always be allowed to argue between competitors if you just became a competitor. So going from DIY'er to manufacturer, where now a company name gets used, it can be much less fun. Also, being set up as an "industry authority figure" that people will demand from you in the claiming department, can really stunt full communication.

It is because of that that I partially object to having to wear an "M" badge when starting up something new when we were "just friends" a moment ago. This stuff is not big oil, insurance, arms deals, or any kind of big deal. It is just about fun entertainment for all of us. Having a strong opinion on the way you like audio done is no global crisis. Let's get over it, in my opinion.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Manufacturing can ruin your DIY hobby - commentary 21:49:30 06/15/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.