Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Soo...

This is the easiest thing in the world to prove to yourself-- you don't need me!

In fact, I'm losing interest in having one-liners pulled out of context and re-arranged so that their meanings are totally lost-- or changed, or re-arranged some more to project an opposite conclusion from that originally written by myself.

Members who wish to figure any of this out should view my old COMPLETE POSTS and get the real thing, not perversions of it.

ENOUGH!!.

Oh yes-- fibrillation is what happens when your heart wastes energy, but doesn't pump enough blood. It is ALSO what happens to speaker diaphragms when inferior amps try to drive speakers. Power levels in watts aren't the item here-- proper amp behavior
while being driven by music is the item here.

Now, back to the point-- prove it to yourself: Simply-----:

(1) Get ANY speaker. Get ANY amp. Get a good Decibel (SPL) meter.

(2) Now, we're ready. Drive the speaker at a given SPL level-- for a set amount of time. This must be music, NOT steady-state signals, and measure the HEAT in that speaker's voice coil.

(3) Now, get another, different kind of amp, and repeat the above procedure at THE SAME SPL level-- for THE SAME PERIOD OF TIME-- under THE SAME conditions.

(4) OK now! The heat buildups won't be the same!

(5) This isn't conclusive enough, so get ANOTHER different amp yet. Repeat the above procedures with it.

(6) Guess what! You now have 3 different heat levels at THE SAME SPL!

WHAT GIVES? The AMPS are NOT EQUAL.

Got it now? Good.

---Dennis---

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Soo... - tube wrangler 21:21:18 06/13/12 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.