Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: To Whom It May Concern

Did I mention the name on the amp-- or did I just talk about the subject-- and how the item under discussion-- 2A3 tubes-- was affected by it??

Power supply was under development-- and I think could be discussed as a project that might interest some who are into computer audio-- it is not a product unless I release it. When I do that, if it's mentioned on here, I'll have to leave its name out of the discusion.

When I mention my website, it's so that people can find me or find info. about something. Nearly all manufacturers who contribute to this forum do that occasionally.

There is a fine line between imparting the info that someone wants-- and the background that he needs to have a full and decent discussion-- and the accusation that a manufacturer could be tooting his own horn.

The problem that we all have is how do we give people the info. they are asking for, and still not be afraid of mentioning what we are doing or what we have learned in doing so.

The more the rules muzzle people, the LESS you will learn from me-- and many others like me.

While all this was going on, I got many phone calls from forum members, begging me not to quit because they consider the forum boring and with very little useful information when manufacturers are muzzled, or are only into giving out little tidbits of almost useless information-- being afraid of breaking some rule or another.

You can't have it both ways.

The manufacturers are the people who really know what they're doing.

If you want to shut up the most useful, prolific and interesting of them because the rules muzzle them, or you are deathly afraid that one might be selling something (ALL people are ALWAYS selling something-- it's the Human Race-- you DO NOT have to buy anything!!)then this forum--and others like it-- will end up like the T.V. media-- lots of splash and lots of motion-- but no meaning and no actual progress.

What that eventually decomposes into is WAR-- as the over-controlled weak get wiped out by people who are free to talk, invent, and live actively and productively.

It's a Law Of Nature! You can violate it only for so long-- and then the IGNORANT GO DOWN.

But HEY! They followed the rules rigorously! WHAT went wrong?

---Dennis---

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.