Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: There you go again..........

"(1) Conventional tube amplifier technique chooses cathode bypass caps by their Micro-Farad values. I choose them according to measured and listened performance under actual musically driven conditions."

The value necessary to fully bypass the cathode is a matter of math. The value you have chosen does not fully bypass the cathode. This make your amplifier, to use your word, "perverted". Not only will the frequency response be "off", the phase response will be off as well.

(2) A high impedance driver is not a problem in this design because the HI-MU driver chosen is far more than capable of driving any good 2A3 vacuum tube way beyond the levels that this design requires."

The high impedance driver is, by your own admission, a problem. You said it "starts to roll off at 15kHz". This makes your amplifier, to use your own word, "perverted". Not only will the frequency response be "off", the phase response will be off as well.

I didn't say anything about a three stage amplifier. Most of the rest of your post is a good example of you not addressing the questions and going off talking about other things.

You have done it again.

I didn't/don't assume anything. If the driver is not/can not fully drive the Miller that's a problem no matter what the rest of the circuit looks like.

If the cathodes are not fully bypassed that's a problem no matter what the rest of the circuit looks like.

Tre'
Have Fun and Enjoy the Music
"Still Working the Problem"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.