Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Dennis Fraker

If Dennis would talk sense and discuss his claims in a reasonable, technical manner there wouldn't be a problem.

Instead he makes nonsensical technical claims that he doesn't back up.

He can't get 110db from a 97db speaker with his amp that he rates at 1 watt. 8 watts won't even do that.

"The system that I build from the Great Plains Audio 604/704 series
is more efficient-- it hits about 96-97 db/watt.
Doesn't matter. Either system can be driven to over 110 db cleanly by the same amp."

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/set/messages/7/70810.html

lakerfan says his amps sound great, I'm not disputing that. But when Dennis says things, like the above, I will not let them go UN-challenged.

I don't care if you want me to.

Again, if Dennis would just discuss these thing in a normal, grownup manner there would be no problem.

Here's another example of Dennis' nonsense.

"Believe me, there are 300 watt amps that can light up a 400 watt light bulb, but CANNOT deliver even 1/400 of a watt of useful acoustical energy into a speaker voice coil..... "

To start with, an amplifier does not deliver acoustical energy into a speaker voice coil. An amplifier delivers electrical energy to the voice coil and then the speaker delivers acoustical energy into the room.

And if I questioned him about this he would go off into a different subject containing more BS.

From any rational point of view it's just maddening to try to reason with Dennis.

The misinformation he gives, for the sake of honesty, can not be left to stand UN-challenged.

I don't know why that should be hard to appreciate or understand.

Tre'
Have Fun and Enjoy the Music
"Still Working the Problem"

Edits: 05/25/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.