Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Link

DIY Hi-Fi Supply is a listed distributor for all Silk Audio's products, according to "SAC's" website. Silk Audio is also a factory direct manufacturer as well I just learned from looking around more on the website. In my short time talking to Silk Audio, they indicated they are a build to order only maker of amps, all kinds of amps including custom pieces.

DIY Hi-Fi Supply doesn't seem to list all they might sell for them it seems. But DIY Hi-Fi seems more set up to take orders conveniently, yet it might have a bit different total for you depending on where you decide to order. I would probably do a bank transfer over a credit card because of convenience issues with Thailand's banking methods. Silk appears to be taking best precautions for them, but it might not suit your peace of mind the way they want it. Silk Audio has had a long term good reputation internationally after a long relationship with DIY Hi-Fi. Silk has been around for a few years and doesn't seem positioned to fail, by doing low cost manufacturing assembly in Thailand.

But also Silk lately is going more factory direct and bypassing DIY Hi-Fi in many or most cases perhaps. Please email them from their website's listed email addresses for latest information on ordering if you're interested in further information. I will next time as I was told it's their preferred method of communication. Sales, Management, and Engineering I suspect all speak and write English very well.

They look like they know what they're talking about and their engineering seems solid and knowledgeable. But they are not reviewed frequently and audition seems tough. That's the problem of all factory direct low volume products.

If anyone has experience with, or a real review of the 2010 Minute amp, or the 2006 Minute amp, I would like to request your findings.

From all appearances, this is probably not a lush SET amp, but could be quite detailed and microdynamic. I would like to know about that.

The price I got quoted was about USD $670 for this 2010 version, depending on exchange rate. It's not a toy.

One thing I found out in my journey with SET amps is that pentodes like the EL-34 like local NFB, but not for real triodes.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Link - commentary 20:45:20 05/24/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.