Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: What speakers? Nt

Let me say up front that I am in no way connect to Bottlehead other than being a very satisfied customer...but, the S.E.X. amp is designed exactly for someone like you as an entry level kit. Also, Bottlehead has a forum of very nice people that are more than willing to help with any problems. And if you can't make it work, you can send it back to Doc B and he will make it work.

The other part of the equation of watts and speaker efficiency is room size and your listening taste. Unless you want the chest thumping feeling of being at a rock concert, in a small room with efficient speakers, you should get reasonably loud volume.

I'm listening to a pair of EV SP12Bs in my Klipsch Heresy II cabinets. The first time I did this, I just swapped out the woofers and didn't hear much difference. This time, I by-passed the crossover and wired the SP12B fullrange and connected the tweeter with a 1.5 uf cap. My point is that I think you are going to have a good match with the speaker you have.

I too thought those plastic Klipsch compression horns sounded pretty crappy until I hooked them up to some prehistoric tubes.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: What speakers? Nt - RPMac 16:43:09 05/12/12 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.