Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Which Decware Amp are you referring to?.....................

They now offer a Zen kit with a PCB for a couple hundred bucks less. It's claimned to be an "experimenter" kit, as it ahs no case lots of exposed high-currant, etc. Said "not for home use" where dogs and chidren could get at the high currant surfaces. So it'd require (eventually--I live alone, my dogs cannot reach table tops and I am only a child in certain senses of the word) I'd need to plant it in a case, which does not strike me as a big deal. I'm not that impressed by the Decware cases (as opposed to their very nice, fancy, wooden plinthes), but I've hear nothing but good about that amp. And it is as heap as almost anything, with the exception of the DIY store on ebay, with all their issues. But what about the PCB version? Would that appreciably effect the sound quality, as opposed to the original point-to-point (which I think they still ofer as a kit)? If it isn't a big difference, I'd be inclined to go with the cheaper PCB verison. But the Zen was and remains on the short list.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.