Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: need a preamp rec that SOUNDS like a SET

I don't think the remote is a big issue - it may add a slight issue to an amplifier but the thing to keep hold of is, is the Amplifier with remote from Company A better than the amp without remote from company B?

Company A may be a much better designer and thus even with the added issues that a remote presents - it's still better than company B's best effort without the added issues that a remote presents.

The only way to settle an issue on this is to listen to the exact same amplifier that comes in a remote and non remote version and then listen to the difference. Some makers Like Audio Note offer both versions and you get to decide how much the remote affects the sound and if it is is worth it for the remote control.

I personally don;t see the need because I have to get up to change the disc or record and while I am standing there I can turn the volume knob.

But with people who use digital media as their main listening source and with wildly different recording levels then it makes sense to have a remote for the volume control - or better a way to control the output volume at the computer lowering the level being fed to the preamp.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: need a preamp rec that SOUNDS like a SET - RGA 19:37:30 05/07/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.