Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

no

Character assassination? It doesn't take a genius to figure out the source of barely comprehensible rambling post at 2:30 in the morning.

I have plenty of ideas, I build all my own stuff, but the idea that putting a remote in something degrades the sound is silly. You have to have an attenuator.... operating it with your hand or with a motor or operating switches with your fingers or with relays is no different other than convenience.

I gave you my reasoning why it makes no difference You offer no proof other than a few designers you respect who don't use them. I can offer you a dozen more well respected designers who do use them. So that puts us at a standstill unless you can come up with a logical reason to support your theory.

You can't have a logical discussion about something if the only thing you have to offer is "Allen Wright didn't do it so it is not a good thing to do" .... So tell me.... HOW does a remote introduce "gross noise?"

Next we need to examine your role model the mad Russian. He claims purity of circuit but uses electrolytic caps. Those two things are mutually exclusive.

He also claims this for his phono stage which is also marketing BS.

Its unique circuitry utilizes specially selected very low noise high trans-conductance Western Electric 417A / 5842 vacuum tubes.

He doesn't use WE tubes. If you ask they tell you that the slash means "or." I guess they contacted Bill Clinton on that one. They say the supply of WE is not reliable so they use Raytheon 5842. If they don't use WE and never intend to use WE why put it in the literature? Obliviously they are deliberately misleading us wanting us to think they use WE.

I can't trust a guy who operates like that.

Edits: 05/06/12 05/06/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.