Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: My rant (long)

Paul, another helpful and informative post, no doubt derived from years of learning and experimentation (and more learning).

I would say to tubtub and others in his position, consider Paul's info closely.

As a reminder to myself and others, being involved in music and being able to "just listen and not wanting to leave that chair and just stick with the one system" is more in the mind than the system. Yes, system sonics can make it easier for us to reach our (your) ideal; or conversely, some types of systems may make it near impossible... but ultimately, it is our ability to simply experience, which goes beyond suspension of criticism and disbelief... Build the system that moves you closer to your 'ideal', but understand that ultimately your capacity to be involved - to experience, move, etc. - resides with you. Today, I spent two hours on a flight with a full bladder listening through an unamplified iPod Touch and Shure 215 IEMs; I would have loved the flight to continue for several hours - it was one of my most enjoyable musical experiences in some time.

Cheers
"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few." Shunryo Suzuki

Edits: 12/29/11

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: My rant (long) - RC Daniel 00:25:05 12/29/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.