Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Audiopax

Audiopax has had issues with poor customer service.

Hey Eric,

Yes, they have had issues, some of which prompted my original post. This is part of stepping up to be a manufacturer, although some small one-man shops certainly seem to be able to address those issues. And to be fair, it was intertwined with the financial difficulties emanating from Brazil. Issues that make our recent financial history in the US look like a walk in the park.

They have had other issues as well, including retail prices sky-rocketing in a short time period.

I alluded to this above. The Brazilian currency - in the space of about 2 1/2 years - fell from a ratio (against the US dollar) of 1-to-3.35 to 1-to-1.53.

For example, that would mean that if you fairly priced an amp at x dollars (let's call it $8,000), just two-and-a-half years later, it'd have to sell for $17,440!

The reason I stopped distributing Avantgarde was due to the fact that I had set the US prices when I was paying 86 cents for a EURO. With the dollar slipping badly, by late 2005 I would have had to increase the US prices by 50% for the same models I had been distributing a few years earlier. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Today it's even worse - at US $1.46! Eduardo hung on way past the point where I gave up on the exchange rate.

I think some things can be done to address these issues if Eduardo chooses to re-enter the fray in the US. Personally, I'm rooting for him and look forward to see what happens.

After six months, this poor guy still can't get Audiopax to fix his amp. It's very unfortunate.

Although I didn't go to the link, there are most likely some unresolved issues out there. In fact, there have to be some. As I said in my reply to Mike B. just below:

So far, I've been able to get amps serviced for my personal retail clients.

If you hear of someone who can't, they can e-mail me: jim @ get better sound . com. The spaces need to be filled in. Or get my e-mail address from my profile.

I might be able to help them.

Best regards,

Jim Smith

Edits: 12/11/09

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Audiopax - Jim Smith 19:58:17 12/11/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.