Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Help, the right channel of my 45 tube amp is out

I have a homebrew 45 amp made by a hobbyist that i've been enjoying for a few months now. It uses the 45's along with 4 417a input tubes and a 5v4g rectifier. Just today, I turned on my amp and the right speaker started to make loud popping noises. I quickly turned it off but the popping continued while I turned off the amp. I put the amp on a few minutes later and now there is nothing coming out of the right speaker. I tried switching the input and output tubes but there doesn't seem to be a problem with them. Then I switched speaker cables and indeed the speaker is fine but the amp's right channel has no output. The only thing I didn't do is change the rectifier since i don't have a spare. Even though this is unlikely, can a bad rectifier cause the loss of one channel? I think it's something in the amp and in that case i would have to bring it to my local tech. Otherwise if anybody can troubleshoot this for me that would be most helpful.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Topic - Help, the right channel of my 45 tube amp is out - audiowill 22:36:50 04/01/07 (5)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.