Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

The only thing....

is that were I came from home cooking can be way better than anything you can get at a restaurant.

You must have know at least someone who everyone thought could open their own restaurant. Based on the cooking that is, not that the restaurant could survive.

99 percent of the best food I have eaten has been a home cooked meal.

I'll be honest though. I probably have never eaten at a 5 star restaurant, and the pizza sometimes at one or two places the way the ingredients are blended just right and cooked just right, kind of just reminds me of what might be the ultimate: mother's milk. lol

But you are right to suggest the many other variables involved. I guess you can have a "My Dinner with Andre" type of experience at a restaurant, if you have ever seen that movie.

But I remember once, hiking in the woods on a winter day with my friends, when my wife at the time prepared a home cooked meal with homemade bread with maybe the bread in the slightest way was perfectly undercooked. I was at the university and I had just gotten a pretty nice apt in married student housing. My friends from home were visiting for the first time there.

That hot meal was the best dinner I have ever had, maybe seasoned to perfection by the whole experience.

Actually that was about 30 years ago!

So it's too when we get the amps home and we spend the many hours and even years of listening that the true flavor begins to emerge.

That's where it is determined how much it is art: how much it can trigger the primordial experience.

99 percent of the gear and a good deal of the music never makes it that far, it seems.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.