Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Re: Art and everything else....

Dave,

"I have many ideas, but if I never take the time and effort to build the sculptures or paint the paintings, I have not created or contributed anything of worth to myself and/or others."

I feel the same way. Whatever I came up with so far turned out to be already used somewhere, tried out by someone. However, most of the findings are either not understood, or came at the wrong place / time - or already have failed the tests, and went down the drain.

When you open up a tube manuals, there are well over 10.000 types of vacuum tubes manufactured. Of these, only a tiny fraction is used for audio. There is so much yet undiscovered and untouched! There are issues, that are still unresolved, like volume control, or the right way to build a digital source. Plenty of excitement ahead of us...... :)

I tend to oscillate between music listening periods, and DIY-er periods. Sometimes I get so absorbed in music, that I stop DIY for months. Sometimes I get so nuts about DIY, that I forget enjoying music. The balance is hard to find, but is the secret of DIY-zen. :)

Janos

Janos

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Art and everything else.... - Janos 20:08:10 03/27/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.