Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

I too wanted to thank you....

well you and Janos for adding a healthy dose of reality to that scary little Shindo Love Parade down below. While Im elated for those happy few who found their, no doubt, savior. They represent an elite minority (for many reasons, not just the car loan cost of the gear). I had to let out a sigh of disappointment when the tried and tired “music lover vs gearhead” argument reared its ugly head during the orgy (heck Im surprised it didnt turn into dem vs repub :-). Because as we all know (nudge nudge wink wink for comic pause) if one enjoys building or experimenting with gear, there is NO POSSIBLE WAY, he can truly be enjoying music to its maximum potential. Sigh.....
Im just happy I for one found builders like Bruce Edgar, Don Allen and Cy Brenneman who build phenomenal sounding and affordable tube/speaker gear. Id really like to personally hear others like Don Garber, Ron, Doc B, J Hogan and George so on.... Heck even Shindo. But really to get the full effect it has to be in MY system. I mean speakers and overall system synergy count for OH SO MUCH, one notion that seemed lost before during the pride march. I wont even go into room acoustics.

All in all this is a fun and educational hobby. And hopefully while reaping the benefits of the fun and edu factor you dont waste too much money. Hey I spent a hellallot learning the ropes and I dont regret it at all, Im not in debt or anything. Its an irreplaceable adventure that is still going for me. And all along the way I never stopped learning of and accumulating more music. Some of my most recent loves have been (Im a young-in keep in mind) the live and studio music of Beck, Bogert and Appice, man those guys could rock. And the studio and live Jazz of George Adams (no wonder Mingus liked this guy). And a newer release to buy, Kenny Wayne’s (well really its not a Kenny lp) 10 days out, some killer blues to be had here. One thing I want to a better job of is keeping up with and getting to know the current music “artists” out there. Thank god for Amazon and CD baby.

All the best

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.