Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Re: diy......

Hi Rick,

I agree with you 100%. DIY gives you a very different perspective, than the smelly - shiny magazines offer. You no longer long for 100K$ products, but value what it is for real: the sonics, and build quality.

I also experienced that with DIY one can achieve satisfaction, it is extremely rewarding. To go beyond the initial happy state, you need fellow diy-ers, with whom you can share your findings, and who speed up your research. I beleive that those, who sell great sounding gear started out as DIY-ers; and the interest was mated with professional knowledge. For those, who lack the expertise, we need to find instructions. I am super lucky to have found a mentor, who teaches me just about evrything I want to know, and who is patient and kind.

But, even with knowing some intricate details of the amps workings, one needs TIME to develop something that goes beyond, like the Shindo amp you describe. Your last diy project can bloom into an outstanding amp; you have to find what does the trick. It will probably take you thousands of hours of work and thousands of dollars in parts.

I guess I got to the point where I'm hooked to diy....... ;)

Janos

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: diy...... - Janos 16:00:24 03/24/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.