Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Keep those.......

VAIC tubes if you like. I wouldnt take em.

Just bought a pair of NOS AVVT 300b tubes and 30 sec after having em play one went "PING" and no music was heard from that mono amp. The seller was more than kind a refunded my $. He too noted how the old AVVT site claims a shelf life of something like 7 yrs????? Also had a bad experience with EML 300b tubes, after only a few hundred hrs on em and one started arcing. All and all Im done with these expensive Czech tubes. While the EML did sound good this reliability thing has me worried. Im SURE some have had + experiences, good for them.

Meanwhile my EL-Cheap-O chinese 300b-98C are alive and well. Art Pepper never sounded better! They have MANY humdred hrs on em. Heck I dont know how many times Ive fallen asleep with em on only to have them keeping me warm and cozy these long winter nights. And they sound just as strong as ever. Same with some WE 300b tubes I got in a lot. Their from 1968 and sound amazing. I used em in my amps for about 3 weeks, again no issues. Fell asleep many nights too.

Im waiting on a pair of TJ full music from china. Should be a fine addition to the collection.

Just my 2c worth of experience

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.