Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Re: Wow, a new Fi 421a AND a Yph...

Hi Rene,
I got the amp on Audiogon,just recently.
The Walls I've had for about 6 months ,they were the last pair that Terry made before he really got sick.
The amp is the best Fi amp made ,besides maybe his 300b and /or 2a3 mono's. It really produces a refined sound...clean,detailed,linear top to bottom.
Paired with the Walls it's a wonderful match.
I used to have the Abby's and 2 Bailey's and then I saw that Terry and Gordon had created the Wall's so I jumped on them without even a review or hearing them .
I had wanted to simplify my set-up...too many cables and I didn't like how crowded it was getting in my living room. When I heard about the Walls it seemed like the solution I was looking for and it's payed off in spades.
The Walls are soundstage beasts...I mean Wall of Sound is THE best name for them. I never needed a big soundstage but it's made a big difference in my enjoyment level.
That's just one part of how well they make music ...the bass is amazing ,full bodied,and nuanced at the same time. Detail and imaging are all there. It's the best speaker I've owned and I consider myself DONE with any future speaker purchase.
Check out http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/index.php?topic=36589.50
for picture and comments.
You're invited to check both out .
R.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.