Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

The extreme of that is a 'sound terrain'. (warning: way out stuff)

Dimensionality is an important noticable aspect, more so with the 300b and two-way speakers. Like a wall of sound and dimensional at the same time.

I noted before that the sound comes towards the listener more than with other amp typologies: the space between the speakers and the listener.

I experienced the 'aural matrix' but kind of forgot what it is because I went to a sound space beyond it. I only did it about 5 times and it has not happened in a few years. I call that space a 'sound terrain".

A 'sound terrain' is a 3 dimensional space that you actually seem to step into. It encompasses you as the sound is past you too. It is like being in a moonspace with the sound being like big boulders on the terrain all around you. That is the best way to describe it. It is a very unusual phenomena.

It is kind of like an epiphenomena. It is not vital: it is only the most interesting sound experience I have ever had but I don't feel compelled to go there. And it is practically damm near impossible to get there anyway. I don't know how much the mind has to allow you to go there.

It took place in a very small room. The speakers must have been positioned in a very certain way. I used a very dimensional 300b amp and I maximized the dimensionality further by using a dimensional cd player, and older Sventlana 300b tubes which are slightly more dimensional than the TJ's which are also pretty dimensional.

The whole experience is almost kind of embarrassing to talk about because it is really outthere. Kind of like another world but it is as real as real can be. I'd like to go there again to study it but I don't know if it will ever happen again. It's kind of surreal almost like a Dali, or some other art stuff I have seen where you see like unusual figures on a landscape.

If it's like a 'hologram', you are in the hologram like the hologram and the mind are one.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.