Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Re: Trouble with Welborne Labs?

You run a risk with any kind of uninsured private party transaction. I learned my lesson with your favorite DIYhifi. When one of there US reps, Brice Donnelly almost took me for $2.1K on an amp order. Had to have a local detective from my PD get him. Had the bastard arrested at work (put a big smile on my face after the hell he put me through) and gave him the option of being charged with a federal offence of wire fraud (in his state taking someone for $2K or more constituted wire fraud) or get me a refund. I was the only one helping myself though it all. Got my money and a HUGE lesson on buying online. ALWAYS use your CC when outside ebay (not paypal as I did, yeah I get the dunce cap for that one, although paypal was confirmed on both our ends so there was a paper trail to the rat). You give CC all that money, why not get their lawyers for it. Obviously time frames come into play and many other things. I wasnt the only one Brice screwed over, dont know how the others faired. Brice is no longer affiliated with DIYhifi so he is no longer a worry.

Im happy there are people / small businesses that offer services and products to small niches such as ourselves. But one definitely needs to keep track of things when taking these online ventures.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Trouble with Welborne Labs? - 2chJunkie 13:52:47 03/14/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.