Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

The many flavors of 45's

So, you have started sampling the flavors of 45's. They are indeed tasty. The good news is there are lots of flavors. The bad news is - there are lots of flavors. I believe I have tried over a dozen different 45's. First I tried a bunch of different 45 ST's and liked the National Union and Tungsol's best. Then I tried a couple of different vintage globe 45's. Although many seem to find these magical, they were not to my taste. I tried some of the Chinese mesh 45's and found them interesting, but not satisfying for me. Then I got a pair of Emission Labs solid plate 45's and had that "Eureka" moment. So, I suppose I could suggest to you to go directly to the EML solid plate 45's and not bother with the rest. But that would be like suggesting that you go to 31 Flavors and never buy anything but the Rocky Road ice cream. It might be my favorite, but then you would miss the carmel cream, mint chocolate and peanut butter fudge. Best of luck on you voyage of culinary discovery.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.