Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Dump the over-priced and bad sounding CARY...Don't waste your time in it.

A friend of mine used to have a pair of big/impressive looking 211 special mono-blocks and quite happy with it....A Class A amp from XXXXXXphile magazine. One day a friend of mine(& his) brought his DIYer 45 amp. to his place and compared with the gaint 211 special....Wow !!!! The tiny 1.5watt 45 amp. walks all over the 211 ! It sounds better and have better bass control than the Cary!!! The CARY was dumped the next day !!! A few years before this incident. I was in an audio shop listened to a pair of JBL Hartfield and all Cary system...tube preamp./2A3 mono-block or something. The sound was really dead, flat and not interesting. I thought the store didn't how to do the set-up back then but the recent 211 Special/45 comparison confirmed that it was the Cary. I just wondered how the 211 Special got into the Class A catagory in the XXXXXXphile in the first place!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Dump the over-priced and bad sounding CARY...Don't waste your time in it. - cids 19:08:54 03/11/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.