Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Re: Woodstock

sorry John - Woodstock was great but there were some very mediocre (at best) performances - Country Joe and the Fish? How often do you cue that one up? It is well known that Hendrix's band with the added members was not nearly as tight as the original Experience or original Band of Gypsies. If you watch the complete dvd of Hendrix at Woodstock it is discussed by Mitch Mitchell etc.. Of course it was a monumental event but as far as the ultimate in sound reproduction - I doubt it. Outdoors, windy etc... Hendrix was awesoe no doubt and a live event is an experience - the Star Spangled Banner was iconic - but the studio creativity on Axis Bold as Love and Electric Ladyland etc... was where Hendrix really shined and it is also well documented that Hendrix loved the studio work the most and toured to raise money so that he could finance the studio work. Of course you know that Electric Ladyland Studios was a primary (if not the main) focus of his during his short lifetime. All this stuff can be read about many places with lots of testimonials. I love seeing groups live but there are also many drawbacks like idiots who talk non-stop or hooters and hollerers - technical problems etc... I don;t think one can discount the importance of creation in the studio.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Woodstock - audiobag 16:14:01 03/06/07 (3)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.