Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Hendrix

So Hendrix did better than what he did at Woodstock?

What he did at Woodstock is just an incredible masterpiece. Spurred on I'm sure by the half a million people there.

I've seen master jazz musicians play around the country some. True the traveling band they usually have are not as good as their regular band, but they can bring some really good young talent with them.

But you know what? When they play at the Blue Note, The Village Vanguard, or whatever, it is just the best there. They play their best there.

What Ella did in Berlin was unique to Berlin. It could not have happened anywhere else.

What Sonny Rollins did at his first performance of his own band in I think what was the first live recording at the Village Vanguard is a timeless piece of art. Nothing he ever did in the studio can touch it as far as I can tell. Well it didn't hurt to have Elvin Jones there.

That big Weather Report hit when Jaco Pastorius was in the band, was a great studio song. But when I saw the live performance of it, Even though it was at a university, they played it with so much more power and emotion.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.