Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

The best has been thrown away in favor of refinement

You took it a step further and expressed it much better than I did.

But SETS do offer the possibility of both: (yes, your wife could be the sexiest woman in the world.)

Virtuoism does come alive. For example, since I've been into these 45s and 300bs, I just cannot get enough of listening to the trumpet of Donald Byrd. The way he sails on top of the music with his tone and delivery. Or the incredible virtuostic guitar of Ben Tavera KIng on 'Border Crossing' the way he creates vivid experiences of events with his playing, and the emotions that accompany these events.

But you do experience the whole of music with the 'real' hi-fi which is why I am totally absorbed in the musical offerings of Art Blakely and Horace Silver. These guys put together 'bands'. There is a 'wholism' to what the band puts out.

It's just a matter for high-end to focus away from as you say what is "impersonal, without integrity, balance, and soul". This means identification of other sound variables.

This is what it's about. Identifying sound variables that relate to the whole effect. Like denatured food, the best has been thrown away in favor of refinement. The priorities are not balanced.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.