Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Re: tone

There seems to be a lot of talk in these forums about getting the feeling that there is a "live" band or... playing in your room - the "real" effect. Personally, I get moer blown away by amazing things that can be done only in a studio and have little to do with "live" music. Hendrix's studio work comes to mind as well as some of the great hi-fi recordings of the 50's? and 60's - RCA living stereo etc... The great recordings of the british invasion and psychadelic groups. The sound can swirl all around you and the way the instruments are miked and mixed is an art form in itself - presenting a whole other experience than a document of a live gig. I've been to plenty of great live concerts - I don't think they can be completely and accurately reproduced (although I've heard some put out by major labels that are pretty awesome i.e. early/mid 70's Miles). Studio recordings can have a singular magic and beauty all their own and since discovering SET amps I have become totally mesmerized by what can be heard.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.