Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Re: Cheap, Excellent, Convenient--Pick Two

These threads always concern me, for public perception takes on a life of its own.

I'm waiting for a DRD 300B myself and, though I love speedy gratification and personal attention as much as the next person, I'm content to wait and be understanding.

Yes, I agree that delays and silence suck, but I also know how hard it is to provide a quality, boutique product at a low price. Welborne's amps have received accolades from both customers and reviewers, and the price is more than fair.

Sure, he could improve speed and communication by hiring more people and maintaining an expensive inventory of parts, but that's not his niche.

Other people are already doing that--if you want a great amp/kit fast, anyone here can suggest a number of alternatives, but they're going to cost you more. I researched thoroughly before I bought, and I couldn't find a better product and better service, at a lower price.

So, I'm not happy to wait but content--I plan to be enjoying my amp long after I've forgotten the delay. If I can do my part by defending a good business, I'm glad to do so.

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, and complaining is cheap too. ;^)

Best,

George

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Cheap, Excellent, Convenient--Pick Two - Dr Deville 21:04:36 03/13/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.