Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

We may have the same amp...

A picture of the Music Angel 845 that I own is in the attached link (from a current ebay listing). If yours is the same as mine, them I was told that it is a class A push-pull design (not SET) and that it was autobias (by the seller from China). Perhaps I was misinformed. I haven't opened it up to look inside. I agree with the assessment of build quality - its OK but that's about all. I also pretty quickly replaced the 6SL7 and 6SN7 tubes to very nice effect. I bought this unit so I could play music through a vintage pair of Electrovoice Patrician 800's that are sitting in my living room (my dedicated music room is in the basement and the EV's were much to big to move down there). I really enjoy the sound of this combination. I have no complaints at all about the bass output of this amp - it is fabulous. It helps to have 30 in. horn loaded woofers I guess. Lastly, I bought my MA 845 for a total price (including shipping from China to US) for $400 about 8 months ago. Couldn't be happier.
Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • We may have the same amp... - krisjan 11:23:39 03/01/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.