Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Re: Effects of prolonged storage?

I would only be concerned with keeping it dry and dust free. Soldered joints and bare copper wire will corode (go green) in damp conditions. I guess vietnam could be more humid than say south spain where I live.

Best bet is tight wrap it in cling film, but first ensure it is bone dry, and stuff some of those electrical products absorant pads inside the case of the amp. The other thing is remember the cardboard boxes are for shipping not storage, and cardboard is mega absorbant of moisture. I would not use them dude, put them in the polystyrene, but wrap the outside of that in cling film again.

Then its dry, sealed and sorted. Same with the speakers, as the cones will suffer from moisture otherwise, and the internal crossover.

I remember when I lived in England, I had a great leather jacket that was dry waxed. I stored it in the wardrobe over summer. When I dug it out for winter, it had lots of white fur (fungus) on it. The mousture left in the jacket had reacted over the months of storage.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Effects of prolonged storage? - astrostar59 13:57:24 02/25/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.