Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Effects of prolonged storage?

I have been teaching in Korea for about a year now and I will be staying another year and possibly two. I packed up all my Audio Note gear into their original boxes and they are in the closet of well heated room - not too hot or cold.

The question is when I finally return is my OTO, speakers etc going to be fine or do they dislike being idle.

This may seem a silly question because I am sure some gear can sit a long time after being made before they are sold but the post below got me to think about sitting componants. I had a DVD player that worked great all the time and then I let it sit with almost no duty for 6 months and when I went back to use it again it began to have all sorts of issues - the door would lock up sometimes or the skip function would stop working and the video froze. Granted this was a cheap dvd player.

The only parts of my stereo I give a damn about are the OTO and the AN speakers. The rest of it I kinda hope doesn't work to give me the excuse to upgrade :-)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Topic - Effects of prolonged storage? - RGA 03:37:41 02/25/07 (4)

You can not post to an archived thread.