Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Re: 833A SET

I know of no reason it should not work. I have also built projects with 4500 volts that could deliver as much as a full ampere, but that is another subject. I have also wired 3-500Z triodes in RF not audio projects and I have made a Tesla coil with an 833A. I am certain that I could build one that would work, but how well might it work? What I was wondering was whether it would sound better to use this with an open baffle speaker than a 45 with a box speaker because most people say that open baffle speakers and planar transducers need more power and I have heard that 833A SET has a good sound, better than a 211, for instance. Usually it uses higher voltages and I prefer not to run it so hard that it has that orange glow that most of us have seen in the anode. Also, 3 or 4 KV makes more power than I need in a small room. However, I wonder what luck others have had trying this and what opinions others might be so kind as to share with us all. I am most open to ideas.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.