Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Re: 300B recommendation for JE Labs monoblocks

I think JE says chinese tubes work fine. From the Angela Instruments web site

Nothing is unique about this design; I am merely a "triode chef' mixing a "concoction of
ingredients" learned from trying the aforementioned circuits. The first two triodes are direct-
coupled in cascade, then, capacitor coupled to the grid of a 3008. 1 prefer the "taste" of 300Bs
running at or close to 80 ma. with approximately 425 volts on the plates. This may elicit some
controversy in some circles...... it is sufficient to say that I tried and listened both ways and voted with my "earbuds", so no arguments please. Anyway the AN 3K OPTs are rated at 140 ma. If you are worried about burning up NOS WE300Bs, be a cheapskate like me and use Chinese tubes. Believe me, they do not sound 10 times worse considering the insane prices being asked for NOS WE, that is.... if you can find them. Chinese 300Bs are rugged and take it with a smile while playing the gig.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: 300B recommendation for JE Labs monoblocks - GBLPS 03:17:05 02/16/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.