Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Re: Please help regarding SET amp choice

Hello
Yes, I agree, there was a split with AN Japan, and AN UK was created. I understand the problem was the design philosophy, of ultimate sound regardless of cost. That meant AN Japan gear was completly out of reach by almost all the population. This in turn with the economy of Japan going of the boil, meant a reality check I guess.

What would you want? AN to dissapear, or AN UK create affordable alternative products reachable by the more numerous population to enjoy. How many friends have you got with a Kondo or Onkaku? For me I am just glad they are still around, and producing fab products, at realistic prices. And without that, there would not be AN kits, which I think you must agree are the most successful kits at the moment re performance v price v buildability.

Lets face it, many hi-fi manufacturers have merged, been taken over or worse, disappeared. If a company produces great products there aint much to complain about.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.