Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Re: OK, now I'm really confused...

I'm stacking the cards in my favor as much as possible. I can hear differences in the audio quality of the different snippits for one. And I can pretty much tell how good the music is even though I only get about 20 seconds a song.

I'm stacking the cards in my favor by using the incredibly revealing Lowthers, and this pure dht amp. I don't know if you ever heard bass on a pure dht. It is just a pure tonal sound without any harmonic (?) overlays.

Not that it is always the preferred situation but when you are dealing with a sound like that, you can hear the subtly of what the artist is trying to reach.

Maybe the snippits really aren't as good as a cd, I wasn't listening to them like that. I wasn't listening for enjoyment, just discrimination.

Anyway, with this particular set-up that I just put up here, I was able to take quite a few cds that I previously had in my 'cart' and I was able either to decide to get them or reject them based on the listening session. I was not able to do that as well until I put this in place.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.