Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Re: Please help regarding SET amp choice

Look you have to listen and decide. I came to Audio Note from a different place - I do not care about the technology - I listened to systems for years - Audio Note simnply set themselves apart - so going to SET was an easy choice in terms of sound quality. Audio Note makes such a huge variety of Single Ended amplifiers that have slightly different musical takes that one can not lump all together by saying they sound "this way or that." Many people far prefer the OTO SE over the SORO SE despite the fact that the SORO is more expensive. It depends on taste and of course budget.

I have rarely disliked anything that AN UK has done - Everything sounds as though they put the music first and get to the intent of the musician. Granted their upper end completely destroys their lower priced gear but then that is how it should be. I listened to a level five 1/4 million dollar set-up and then my own AN meager gear and it was a little depressing at first.

The Cary may in fact not be as good but you have to consider price - how much is the Cary versus the Audio Note.

Lastly Audio Note also makes Kits which are very highly raved about.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Please help regarding SET amp choice - RGA 03:20:59 02/14/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.