Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

forgot to add.......

Those speakers are very good sounding ones!
You will be surprised, these speakers sound with full body and control, despite their tiny drivers and small size. If you like cello, or piano, (or vocals;) you will be VERY happy, but don't expect subsonic high spls titanic crashing with iceberg effect type of things.... ;)
As far as our hearing of correct tone goes, these are full range... you'll be pleasantly surprised. The benefit of tiny single drivers is unparalleled coherence and space, ultimate ease and elegance of presentation. And unless you have a huge room, they can play very dynamic and very articulate and controlled bass. I've heard an open baffle with such a tiny Fostex driver, and it was certainly one of the best sound I ever came accross, in the aspect of natural presentation you have to go to a live concert to hear the better. The HS is not as free sounding (boxes can't compete with OBs in that aspect), but has better low end extension and can play louder.
And 4in driver size is a bliss from heaven for SETs...........

I can't recommend an amp from your selection, as I have heard only the Almarro, but not with these speakers...

Happy listening!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • forgot to add....... - Janos 10:23:30 02/10/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.