Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Re: NEW Audio Note Forum (longish)

Yes, I know, and I am sorry about that, but I wanted to get started sooner than months of fiddling around behind the scenes would have allowed.

I actually started on a Mac.com site which did some things beautifully, but didn't allow for a forum, then added Yahoo, which did the forum thing and photos well, but nothing else, and at that point I had two sites which was a rather clumsy arrangement, so I decided to go back to using the Triode & Co domain, (dotUS this time rather than dotcom due to someone holding the old domain name hostage.) I dug into,(and am still digging further into!), PHP and MySQL to get the power and flexibility I need to cover all areas I think are necessary to build a first rate community.

The only power-that-be at AN is Peter, and he leaves this stuff up to me. ;-)

There will be three new players out in limited quantities by late February: the CD1.1x and CD2.1x/II, (seen/heard at THE Show w/o faceplate), which both use a front-loading Philips transport and DAC chip set with a 6111WA tube as was used in the previous generation one-box players. This time they are not only non-oversampling, but filter-less as well.

The chassis is full-width, but shorter and shallower than one of the full-size preamps or the OTO. The CD2.1x/II improves on the CD1.1x with better parts: Audio Note tantalum resistors, a few Black Gates and AN copper foil output capacitors rather than tin foil.

The CD4.1x is basically a CDT Two/II with a slightly upgraded DAC2.1x (tants and BGs on digital PCB and copper foil capacitors on the output), housed in the OTO chassis.

The sharp-eyed will have noted that "3" has been skipped. The programing for the Sony front loading transport in the long-promised CD3.1x/II continues to be problematic. There is no projected release date for this one at this point.

I'll be adding this and a bit more (hopefully pictures!) to both Triode and the AN UK site yet this week.
Keep your ears and your mind open.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.