Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Re: wyethec sapphire 300B, who listened?

Hi gerogme,

I owned the Sapphires for 16 months. I just recently sold them so that I can purchase the soon to be released Wyetech Ruby 211 amplifers. I miss the Sapphires big time. I only used the Sapphires with Avantgarde Meta Primo loudspeakers that are 107 db efficent. I have no idea if they could drive your 89 db efficent speakers. Having demoed and listened to many (Audionote, Sophia, Cary, Wavelength, Manley, Art Audio, Audiopax, and Deja Vu) highly touted 300B/KT88/PX25/45 amps I preferred the Sapphires by a wide margin. Many of the tube afficandos will not like the Sapphires because they are not overly warm, syrupy, and highly colored sounding amplifers. Bass is extremely tight for a tube amp while the high's are extended and not rolled off in the least. Noise is non-existent with the Sapphires especially at the low gain setting. Build quality is unsurpassed IMHO. As you are probably aware of, Wyetech only sells direct and their U.S. retail prices are a relative bargain in the crazy pricing of high-end audio. They have been getting a little bit of press lately in TAS and at 6moons. Great amps!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.